Carol Ghingher Cooper focuses her practice primarily in family law. Carol represents clients in matters related to divorce, custody, visitation, child support, pre-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements, adoption and other civil litigation.
Carol has represented clients in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, and Montgomery County. She has been actively involved in the family law committees of the Baltimore City and Baltimore County Bar Associations and was Chair of the Family Law Committee of the Baltimore City Bar Association in 2008-2009.
On June 15, 2015, Carol was appointed as a Standing Auditor for the Circuit Court for Baltimore City. As Standing Auditor, she handles all matters which require an audit; and she examines, states or settles accounts referred to her by the court.
Carol completed the Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training presented by the Department of Family Administration of the Administrative Office of the Courts, in cooperation with the Maryland State Bar Association CLE Department. She is a founding member of The Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore.
Carol successfully completed the Maryland State Bar Association mediation training in compliance with the Maryland Rules of Procedure and is eligible to be appointed as a mediator in civil disputes. She regularly acts as a volunteer settlement facilitator for the family law division of the Circuit Court for Baltimore City. In addition, she has been a frequent contributor to local family law publications.
Carol interned for the following judges of the Circuit Court for Baltimore City: the Hon. Edward J. Angeletti, the Hon. Joseph H.H. Kaplan, and the Hon. Carol E. Smith. She also spent a summer working as a law clerk at the Legal Aide Bureau; and worked as a research assistant for an Adjunct Family Law Professor at the University of Maryland School of Law.
In her leisure, Carol enjoys attending sporting events, concerts, going to the movies, watching the Baltimore Ravens, exercising and reading.
- J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, University of Maryland School of Law, 2002
- B.S., Mathematics, Union College, 1982
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2003
- Maryland, 2002
- Named Top 100 and Top 50 Women by Maryland Super Lawyers® in 2016 and 2017
- Listed to Maryland Super Lawyers® for Family Law since 2014
- Listed as a Rising Star for Family Law by Maryland Super Lawyers® 2010-2012
- Listed in Washington, D.C. & Baltimore’s Top Rated Lawyers 2012 Edition for Family Law
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Member, Board of Directors, Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore
- Member, Baltimore County Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of Baltimore City (Chair, Family Law Committee, 2008-2009)
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association of Maryland