Dana McKee is a Partner at Brown, Goldstein & Levy, and the Chair of the firm’s Family Law Practice, which she established in 2002. In her role, she handles all aspects of family law, which includes divorces, separation agreements, custody and child support disputes, and prenuptial agreements. Dana has extensive experience in representing family law clients with high net worth and those with complex custody and financial issues. She is a tough but fair negotiator who has successfully handled numerous mediations, trials, and appeals.
Dana also is trained and experienced in collaborative family law (an alternative dispute resolution process). She understands that not all matters are appropriate for litigation, particularly those involving families and children. Her training and experience as a litigator and collaborative attorney allow her to recognize those cases that are better suited for the collaborative law process.
Dana previously served as a Court Ordered Settlement Conference Facilitator for the Family Division of the Circuit Court for Baltimore City and has taught courses on custody issues for the National Association of Social Workers.
In addition to family law, Dana has handled a variety of complex commercial and personal injury litigation matters. In March 2000, she obtained substantial sanctions against a national manufacturer and its attorneys for discovery abuses in a product liability case – a decision that has received statewide and national attention. Prior to joining Brown, Goldstein & Levy in 1995, Dana was an attorney with Frank, Bernstein, Conaway & Goldman, where her practice was devoted exclusively to complex commercial litigation.
Dana lives in Baltimore City with her husband, daughter, and miniature poodle. She is active in her community, having served as the Vice-President and then President of the Ten Hills Community Association. She was instrumental in obtaining the historical designation for the Ten Hills community. She also worked closely with city officials and leaders from the surrounding communities in the redevelopment of the abandoned Uplands Apartments in Southwest Baltimore. Dana enjoys spending time with her family and friends, cooking, and renovating her historic home.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A. with General Honors, 1981
- Maryland, 1987
- New Jersey, 1985
- District of Columbia, 1989
- Family Law
- Commercial Litigation
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore, Board Member
- Howard County Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Board Member
- Maryland Association of Justice, Member
- Baltimore County Bar Association Family Law Committee
- Baltimore City Bar Association Family Law Committee
- Best Lawyers in America for Family Law and Commercial Litigation, 2014 to present
- Maryland Super Lawyers, 2013 to present
- Top 50 Women Maryland Super Lawyers, 2014, 2015, 2018
- Top 100 Maryland Super Lawyers, 2014 & 2015