610 Bosley Ave
Towson, Md. 21204
Maria grew up in upstate New York and graduated from Syracuse University in 1986 and went right on to law school. She graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1989 and become a member of the Maryland Bar in December 1989. Throughout law school, she clerked for various law firms and government agencies, gaining experience in a variety of areas of the law.
Maria has over 25 years of experience in both private practice and in the government service. Her practice includes all aspects of family law, including prenuptial agreements, post nuptial agreements, divorce, custody, child support, adoption and guardianship cases. In additional to family law, her practice includes all aspects of criminal defense, personal injury and estate matters. Maria is often appointed by the court to be a “Best Interest Attorney” who focuses on the interest of the children, who are often stuck in the middle of a custody battle.
She has extensive litigation experience in both civil and criminal law, and although she spends significant time in the courtroom, she highly encourages her clients to resolve their disputes outside of litigation. Maria works hard to assist her clients in the negotiation process so as to reach an equitable resolution and one that is in her client’s best interest.
Her practice includes the Baltimore metropolitan area including, Baltimore City and County, Harford, Howard, Anne Arundel Carroll and Cecil counties. Maria has multiple office locations including, Towson, Bel Air and Dundalk, to best serve the needs and convenience of her clients.
Current Professional Organizations Include
- Maryland State Bar association
- Baltimore County Bar association
- Harford County Bar Association
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Harford County Women’s Bar Association
Previous Professional Memberships Include
- Secretary of the Harford Women’s Bar Association
- Treasurer of the Executive Committee for the Maryland State Bar Association
- Executive Board of the Maryland State Bar Association
- Inquiry Committee of the Attorney Grievance
- Judicial Nominating Committee for the Harford County
- Board of Trustee for the Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers(“MICPEL”)
- Award of Achievement from the American Bar Association
- Outstanding Assistant Public Defender for Harford County
Maria volunteers her time and speaks at a divorce workshop on the second Saturday of every month to the Baltimore County and surrounding community. In the past, she has volunteered extensively in her children’s school and in the past served on the board of the parent association. When not working, Maria enjoys travelling and spending time with her three children.