When clients come to me for representation, they typically ask me to help them with the same four concerns: to protect their children, to protect their financial assets, to protect their privacy, and to protect their dignity. The collaborative practice of law aims to protect each of these goals in ways that a courtroom trial could never achieve. While my legal training and law practice are in the realm of litigation, I bring a diverse professional background to my practice which allows me to advocate in a versatile manner for my clients. My law practice focuses on family law and civil litigation. I have actively litigated in the areas of divorce, custody, property disputes, domestic violence, consumer rights, public benefits on behalf of the disabled and indigent and consumer interests in the realm of public utilities advocacy. My background also includes civil litigation, commercial insurance defense criminal law, as having served as an Assistant State’s Attorney, for the City of Baltimore.
I also actively represent children as a best interest attorney and child’s advocate in litigated custody cases. A portion of my practice is devoted to offering mediation services to parties wishing to resolve their disputes through a mediated settlement.
My pro bono commitment is focused on limited scope legal representation for the indigent. I am also the current president of Civil Justice, Inc., and I am a co-founder of the Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore.
For nearly 10 years, I taught writing and literature on the college level. From 2001 to 2007, I taught writing and oral advocacy as an adjunct writing professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law. I actively lecture on the topics of family law litigation and collaborative practice.
- University of Baltimore School of Law: Juris Doctorate May 1997
- St. John’s College (Annapolis, Maryland): Master of Arts in Liberal Arts 1993
- University of Maryland Baltimore County: Bachelor of Arts in English: 1990, Magna cum laude
Bar Memberships and Associations
- Maryland State Bar: December 1997 to Current
- District of Columbia Bar: January 2004 to Current
- Federal Bar for the District Court of Maryland: March 1998 to Current
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Practitioners
- Past President, Maryland Collaborative Practice Council
- Co-Founder, Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore
- Past President, Maryland Collaborative Law Association
- President, Civil Justice, Inc.